Thursday, February 18, 2010

Conception (Pt 4)


I am glad that in light of my previous sobering post, I can follow it with some rays of hope and encouragement. This blog just has to make you smile by it's title: http://www.naturallyknockedup.com/ Donielle explains how she was discovered to be low on the fertility scale, her various physical challenges, the status-quo medical recommendations she received, how she followed the Standard American Diet guidelines for health, and how her own gut instinct drove her to research what a traditional, nourishing diet consists of. She eschews the new wave of fertility treatments that modern medicine has pandered to the masses. She is gentle, considerate, and respectful of our desires to have children, and sensitive to those who find this to be a challenge.

Her personal story ends with these thoughtful words which offer a bigger picture of a world where God is there, but desires more than to simply give us what we want because we want it. He desires his plans for our lives:

Unfortunately though, sometimes no matter what they do, not all women are able to become pregnant, and it is my belief that the Lord is the only one that truly governs over our bodies. Although some days I have struggled immensely, I know that with his strength, I can find peace about the future of my fertility. It is something that I must continually place in his hands. I pray this site is both God honoring and also full of useful information, so that you might begin your own quest to better health through reading and research.

Read it in good health - and God bless you and yours.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9
May it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers