Recently, a decision was made and Earth Fare decided to set down roots here. I still favor TJ's, but EF is an ok second. It'll do. While making my maiden trip to the store recently, I discovered a wonderful alternate choice for dental floss. The plastic containers of my current options pain me to toss away after each usage. Eco-Dent to the rescue! The outside is an environmentally friendly option made of cardboard, so I was quite happy to give this a go. I have been 100% pleased and will not go back to the others. The price is highly comparable to the other flosses on my neighborhood drug store shelves, and I can feel a whole lot better about the aftermath of my need to floss for good dental care. It was so nifty! Everything is contained within the box. Once I brought it home and opened the top, I simply pulled a bit of the floss out, slipped the spool back inside, and closed the top while leaving the floss to run through a small opening. Just like "real" floss! The following is a list of further benefits of this product:
• Vegan waxed using rice bran – light and smooth to glide easily between teeth• Nylon, not silk – silk production involves chemical sterilization
• Refreshing, long-lasting clean mint taste
• Economical – 100 yards per package, up to 300% more floss per package than other brands
• Ecological – plastic-free, paper-fiber packaging is recyclable and bio-degradable
• Just double it up and use as dental tape – same action, less costly
Evidently, Eco-Dent offers a number of other products as well. I will most certainly search them out and try them. Good for me + Good for the planet = A Good Choice.