Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1 Hour Delay

That's how far behind I am, cumulatively, on #5 of my New Year's Resolutions. And yes, I am keeping track because I do plan on catching up, not giving up. I have to say in my defense that I have had two days of migraines in that time, and I have been BUSY. 'Nuff said.

Today I made my first clandestine run over the border into South Carolina for a purchase of raw milk. I sat in my car with Angelina, and noticed others sitting in their cars parked up and down the row. We all waited, protected from the cold, for the arrival of the Milky Way delivery truck. At last! He came and I handed over my money, hurrying back to put my gallon in the cooler for the drive home.

Tonight I had my first cup - it was heavenly. Full-bodied, creamy, rich. I have gone to the other side. Ok, I was ready for this particular leap, but it is just as delicious as I'd hoped.

*Bonus: I was able to pick up some pasture beef and eggs being sold there by another farmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers