Sunday, January 24, 2010

He's Got The Whole World In His Hands


For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Five and a half years ago, we brought home our daughters from Bogota, Colombia. We kept them close to home initially, fostering the initial tender and crucial bonds of family. After a time, we ventured out here and there, allowing our world to be knit together at a pace we felt they could adjust to slowly. One of those initial visits included a beautiful sunny day at the lake with my dear friend Sheri and her family. And on that day I first met a lady who would become another sweet sister to me in the years to come - Marian.

Tonight I ran by Marian's house as she and her husband finish their packing before they head off tomorrow morning on a plane. You see, their son Justin is getting married later on this week, and his proud parents will be beside him as witness and blessing to this momentous step he and his fiance' O will take together. I was dropping off 2 pair of pants and some candy, which they will take to my son, Quentin, while on their visit. Hopefully they'll share a meal with him as well and a big hug from all of us here at home. You see, all this is happening in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

I marvel at the intricate details of care our Father works into our lives. Five summers ago we were introducing our adopted children into our lives. He was introducing me to one of my sisters. We knew nobody in Thailand and had never heard of Chiang Mai. And now Marian is going to be my eyes and an extension of my hands to my son, even as she is there for her own son. All of this, I know He prepared in advance. To us, it is 8,715 miles (I looked it up!) over distant lands and oceans. To the Lord, it is an opportunity to show us His indescribable omnipotence. For Him, it really is a small world, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers