Tuesday, April 6, 2010

His Earth: The Rare Exception...


I enjoy listening to NPR. I tune in regularly, because for a Mama who spends a good deal of her time running to and fro, it has been a great source of at least some of the news. There are times when I catch just a part of a piece and am so intrigued, I simply must go sleuthing to listen to it in it's entirety. Such was the case last Thursday, when I hopped into my car, turned on the radio, and began listening as I drove to pick up my son. All Things Considered was broadcasting The Fruitless Search For Solar Systems Like Ours. It took quite a bit of work to locate it, I must say, but I felt it was worth the time to put it out there for others to hear - at least whoever happens upon my little blog will be able to.

(A little background) My first job was at a health food store - it was an appropriate fit for this earth muffin girl. For years, I attended Earth Day fairs on April 22nd with annual regularity (didn't even need to look up that date.) ;D I shared my shower with empty milk cartons in which to collect water to use upon my lawn, shoved a weighted piece into my toilet tank so as to take up space and waste as little water as necessary, and drove my recycling material to the center long before the city did door-to-door pickup on trash day. My children knew about the plastics and paints we strove to avoid in our foods - artificial fillers and colors.

I could very well have been on my way to a hedonistic, kumbaya sort of existence, wearing crystal amulets around my neck - if the Lord had not reached into my life and whispered of His love for my wandering little organic soul. The dusty dirt that covered me, the water He washed me with, the very skin I live in, the blood in my veins and the blood He shed for me, the clean cotton I envision my robe is made of - He made and purposed it all. I thought of using a pic of the earth amid it's solar system for this post, but I just loved the Godly earthiness of this painting.... it is filled with the smells and sights and touch of that other rarity - the intimacy of God and man in personal relationship.

I have no trouble reconciling my earth-loving ways with a heart given over to my Maker. He is the Creator of all men may ever know, see, discover, find, or feel. *"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." My stewardship of what he blesses me with, whether material or immaterial, springs from a heart and mind that responds to Love with Love.

I did find it ironic that NPR chose to broadcast this little piece on April Fool's Day. They really need to learn a bit more tact if they want to convince others that they are really impartial. (Wink!) I also found it providential that it preceded our celebration of His resurrection as well.

*Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature
of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
t
hat at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

And on bended knees to Him....
*May you be blessed by the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.



*I Cor: 26
Phillipians 2:5-11
Psalm 115:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers