Friday, August 13, 2010

You Had Me At Creme Brulee....


You always do.....

Actually, I was looking for a recipe to help me cook up a bunch of pork chops. Everyone has their comfort foods and one of mine is pork chops with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. However, since I took two packages out of the freezer I was thinking I'd cook up one the way I like it, and experiment with the other - freezing it for later. I was thinking something with hoisin sauce.

That's always how it starts, isn't it? Perused a few pages and blogs... when suddenly I came across Dinner With Julie. Her Hoison Lettuce Wrap recipe isn't even there anymore, but it took me two read-throughs before that even registered. With a line-up of:

Day 98: Hoisin Pork Lettuce Wraps, Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls with Peanut Sauce, Thai Coconut Soup with Lemongrass and Chicken/Shrimp, Pork Potstickers, Teriyaki Beef Satay, Curried Peanut Orange Shrimp and Green Tea Crème Brulée


I could only sit there in captured silence, savoring each dish in my taste buds of anticipation.

And it all ends with........ Creme Brulee. The words are said with delicate reverence and sweet delight.

I don't know that my family and I need all of this food in one sitting, but I will be whipping up some of these goodies, as well as others on Julie's blog. I invite you to walk through her delicacies, you'll leave hungry and inspired.

นี้ เป็น ที่วิเศษ .....

(In Thai: This is heavenly.....)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers